The LAMA-WeST lab specializes in all aspects of natural language processing and artificial intelligence, with a special focus on Semantic Web technologies. Our various projects tackle challenges related to knowledge base learning and alignment, knowledge engineering and modeling, knowledge reasoning, question answering, information extraction, and educational data mining. Our application domains include linked open data and Semantic Web, education and online learning, human resources and cultural heritage to name a few.
Our lab is funded through government and industry institutions including NSERC, SSHRC, MITACS, CFI and government-related contracts. It provides a fertile ground and learning opportunities for students and visiting researchers. Led by Prof. Amal Zouaq, The LAMA-WEST lab is welcoming new collaborations in the academic and industrial community.
I am looking for strong Masters and PhD students to work in the following areas: natural language processing, machine learning, semantic web, knowledge base extraction, knowledge base completion, query generation, and multi-hop reasoning. Ideally, especially for PhDs, you should be familiar with natural language processing, machine learning and semantic web techniques. You should also have strong Python programming skills.
Women and underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that we will contact only the students whose application matches the requirements / needs of the lab.
If you are interested in working with me, email me with your detailed CV, all the transcript copies, and a summary of your research interests. Your email should have [RESEARCH_APPLICATION_POSTDOC OR PhD OR MASTER] in the subject.
I am currently looking for a postdoc.
Ph.D. and Masters admissions' deadlines are indicated here: https://www.polymtl.ca/admission/en/graduate-studies/check-application-deadlines
Interns and Visiting Students:
I am currently not taking any interns.
- August. 2022The LAMA-WeST lab is pleased to welcome Papa Abdou Karim Karou Diallo (PhD) and Mehrnaz Mosallami (Msc.A.) this Fall, and Gokulakrishnan Candassamy (Ph.D.) next winter.
- August. 2022Rose Hirigoyen has successfully defended her masters' thesis "Automatic generation of SPARQL Queries from Natural Language Questions". Congratulations Rose!
- August. 2022The LAMA-WeST lab is thrilled to be part of the CLIQ-AI consortium (https://en.cliq-ai.quebec/)
- May. 2022Keynote talk at FLAIRS 2022 (Semantic, Logics, Information Extraction and AI (SLIE&AI) Track)
- April. 2022Dominique Piché has successfully defended his masters' thesis on knowledge base generation from heteregeneous data. Congratulations Dominique!
- April. 2022Charles-Olivier Favreau has successfully defended his masters' thesis on Learning To Rank with BERT for Argument Quality. Congratulations Charles-Olivier!
- March. 2022Our paper Local Structure Matters Most \n Perturbation Study in NLU is accepted at ACL Findings 2022 and ACL posters 2022
- March. 2022Our paper Learning-to-rank with BERT for Argument Quality is accepted at FLAIRS 2022